December 20, 2010

Call for Beta-readers

I have about ten chapters left to edit on my next book, Deadly Gamble, and I anticipate finishing before the end of the year. Deadly Gamble is a suspense novel in a contemporary setting. There is some amount of violence in it, but I do not regard it as extreme or graphic. Other than a few kisses, I don't believe there are any "adult" situations, and I don't think there are any swear words, although the bad guys might have said some. If they did, I want to know about it.

I have a need for about ten people who are willing to be beta-readers. Let me outline my expectations: I will send you a copy of the manuscript via email, in either Word 2003 or Word 2007 format. I prefer people who can use 2007, but can work with 2003. I will need you to turn on track changes and read through the manuscript. Please change any typographical or grammatical errors you find. Please make any other changes you see that you think need to be made to improve the story. Please add comments to let me know why you think the changes need to be made. Please add comments to let me know if something isn't working for you, even if you don't know how it should be fixed. Please add comments if you particularly like something. Please flag any cuss words you notice. Please return the manuscript on time. Please don't talk to anyone other than myself about the contents of the manuscript until after it has been published. I do not pay beta-readers, but I do include their names in the thanks, unless they wish to remain anonymous. I do not insist on using real or full names in the thanks--tell me how you want me to list you. Readers who do not return their manuscripts do not get thanked.

I would like to send the manuscripts out around January 2nd or 3rd (assuming I've finished editing by then), and would like to have it back by the 25th, or approximately three weeks after I send it to you.

If you are interested in being a beta-reader for Deadly Gamble, please email me at anne@am-jenner.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment